Announcement by Republic of Armenia State Award Commissions
Pursuant to RA Presidential Decree NH-1164-A of August 22 2002 setting up the procedure for the establishment and conferral of the Republic of Armenia State Awards, the respective eight commissions, assessing the best works and discoveries (inventions) in the areas of native literature and arts, architecture and urban development, precise and natural sciences, and of humanitarian and social sciences, are glad to inform about the opening of the call for applications for the state awards.
Works in the area of literature and arts - literature and publicism, music, fine arts, theatre arts and cinematography - and in the area of architecture and urban development can be nominated for the award by the authors, creative unions, as well as by other relevant organizations.
Discoveries (inventions) and works in the areas of precise and natural sciences, and of humanitarian and social sciences can be nominated for the award by the RA Ministry of Education and Science, the State Committee for Science, the Presidium of the RA National Academy of Sciences and its divisions, state scientific research institutes and centers and by academic councils of state and non-state licensed higher education institutions.
Eligible for the awards are:
a) In the areas of architecture and urban development, precise and natural sciences, and of humanitarian and social sciences, only those works and discoveries (inventions) which have first been realized (developed-finished) after 1 September 2012.
b) In the area of literature and arts, literature and publicism, music, fine arts, theatre arts and cinematography, only those works which have first been printed, published, implemented, exhibited or staged after 1 September 2013.
The award includes the award laureate certificate, a badge and a monetary award of 5000.000 (five million) AMD.
Works must be submitted during the period between 15 July 2015 and 15 September 2015.
To submit your applications and get more information, you may want to contact:
1. The Commission for Literature and Publicism (Chairman Aram Grigoryan, 3 Marshal Baghramyan Avenue, Yerevan, the Writers’ Union of Armenia, tel. 00374 (10) 56-45-7000374 (10) 56-45-70).
2. The Commission for Music (Chairman Davit Ghazaryan, 15 Sayat-Nova Street, Yerevan, the Armenian Musical Company, tel. 00374 (10) 58-04-2300374 (10) 58-04-23).
The Commission for Fine Arts (Chairman Robert Elibekyan, 16 Abovyan Street, Yerevan, the Artists’ Union of Armenia, tel. 00374 (10) 56-47-2400374 (10) 56-47-24, 56-48-53).
4. The Commission for Theatre Arts (Chairman Anelka Grigoryan, 4 Republic Square, Yerevan, the History Museum of Armenia, tel. 00374 (10) 58-27-6100374 (10) 58-27-61).
5. The Commission for Cinematography (Chairman Davit Muradyan, 18 Vardanants Street, Yerevan, the Armenian National Film Academy, tel. 00374 (10) 54-05-2800374 (10) 54-05-28).
6. The Commission for Architecture and Urban Development (Chairman Sashur Kalashyan, 17 Marshal Baghramyan Avenue, Yerevan, the Architects’ Union of Armenia, tel. 00374 (10) 56-15-0600374 (10) 56-15-06).
7. The Commission for Precise and Natural Sciences (Chairman Gagik Kryuchkyan, 1 Alek Manukyan Street, Yerevan, the YSU Faculty of Physics, Room N304, tel. 00374 (60) 71-03-4800374 (60) 71-03-48).
8. The Commission for Humanitarian and Social Sciences (Chairman Yuri Suvaryan, 24 Marshal Baghramyan Avenue, Yerevan, the RA NAS Division of Armenology and Social Sciences, tel. 00374 (10) 52-13-6200374 (10) 52-13-62).